- Cedar Park Nursing and Residential Home
27-28 Oldfield Road, Oldfield Park, Bath, BA2 3NG
Hours of work
- Full time only
- 38.5 hours per week including weekends
- (42 scheduled hours per week minus breaks)
- Long Days: 8.00 a.m. – 8.00 p.m.
- Morning shift: 8.00 a.m. – 2.00 p.m.
- Afternoon shift: 2.00 p.m. – 8.00 p.m.
- Nights: 8.00 p.m. – 8.00 a.m.
- 3 long days one week 1; 4 long days week 2
- Combination of long days, morning shifts and afternoon shifts
- Develops friendly and respectful relationships with Residents
- Ensures that care is delivered efficiently whilst enabling Resident’s to maintain their well-being by ensuring that their needs are met according to their habits and lifestyles
- Organizes and supervises the work of care assistants during their shift
- Leads by example of excellent attitude and care practices
- Contributes to the management of care of allocated Residents
We are looking for experience in some or all of the following areas:
- NVQ level 3/4 in Health and Social care or equivalent
- Overseas or EEA Nurses not registered in the UK
- EEA healthcare professionals
- At least 2 years experience of working as a Senior Care Assistant in elderly care
- Over seas or EEA applicants must have 2 years post registration experience from country of origin
- Experience in working within strict guidelines and following company policies
- Record keeping and care planning
- Supervision and mentoring
Skills and Abilities
- Good verbal and written communication
- Can adapt well to working independently and in a team
- Knowledge of dementia
- Team leading