We are looking to recruit enthusiastic, caring and passionate individuals who will help our residents to live every day to the fullest. This is a role where you can be rewarded on a daily basis for helping those in need, as well as develop your skills. We provide all of our staff with training and ongoing support, so no direct care experience is required, although it is beneficial. Cedar Care is well known for supporting our employees in career progression within the company.
Hours of work
- Full-time and part-time available
- Full-time: 38.5 hours per week including weekends
- (42 scheduled hours per week minus breaks)
- Long Days: 8.00 a.m. – 8.00 p.m.
- Nights: 8.00 p.m. – 8.00 a.m.
- 3 long days one week 1; 4 long days week 2
- Develops friendly and respectful relationships with Residents
- Enables Resident’s to maintain their wellbeing by ensuring that their needs are met according to their habits and lifestyles as specified in the care plan
We are looking for experience in some or all of the following areas:
- Not essential, training will be provided
- NVQ level 2/3 in Health and Social care or equivalent may be beneficial
- No direct care work experience necessary but some experience may be beneficial
- Worked in customer service or people oriented environment
- Communicating with a wide variety of people
- Experience in working within strict guidelines and following company policies
Skills and Abilities
- Good verbal and written communication
- Can adapt well to working independently and in a team
- Knowledge of dementia
- Respecting confidentiality, dignity and the privacy of the Resident
- Ability to convey information clearly
The Benefits of Working with Cedar Care
- You will receive free Cedar Care induction training including care certificate
- Refresher training with the opportunity for career progression
- A pension scheme with an employer contribution**
- Free parking across all of our homes
- 28 days’ annual leave
- Optional overtime available
- In-house reward scheme
*Job Offers are subject to DBS checks and satisfactory references.
**Subject to the completion of a probationary period